- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup finely diced dill pickles
- 1 teaspoon minced tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 6-ounce salmon fillets, with skin
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for rubbing
How to Make It
Light a grill. In a small bowl, blend the butter with the diced pickles, tarragon and mustard and season with salt and pepper.
Rub the salmon with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over moderately high heat, skin side down, until the skin is lightly charred and crisp, about 3 minutes. Using a metal spatula, turn the fillets and grill until barely done in the center, about 4 minutes longer. Transfer the salmon to plates. Top with the dill pickle butter and serve.