To be honest, I can't understand what all the other reviewers are raving about. I made the recipe exactly as written. While the chorizo, spincah, potato component had great flavor it seemed to be lacking in something. Umami maybe. My family all agreed that we missed the potatoes being roasted. We agreed with another reviewer who said the salmon just seemed so-so with this, so we are going to try using the ingredients (decreasing the broth) for the topping, placing chicken thighs on top, and roasting in an oven for 35 minutes.
Grilled Salmon with Chorizo and Fingerlings
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Leigh Ann Ross
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 462
- Fat: 25.5g
- Saturated fat: 5.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 10.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 7.7g
- Protein: 39.3g
- Carbohydrate: 17.7g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 100mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 653mg
- Calcium: 46mg
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 3/4 pound fingerling potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 ounces Spanish chorizo sausage, diced
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 1/2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 teaspoon Spanish smoked paprika
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1. Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add shallots and garlic to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add 1/4 cup chicken broth. Cover, reduce heat, and cook 3 minutes or until shallots are tender. Stir in remaining 1 1/4 cups broth, potatoes, and chorizo; bring to a simmer. Simmer 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender; stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add spinach to pan; cover. Remove from heat; stir to combine. Keep warm.
- 3. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and paprika evenly over fillets. Lightly coat fillets with cooking spray; arrange fillets in a single layer, skin side up, on grill rack. Grill 2 minutes. Rotate fillets a quarter turn on the same side; grill 3 minutes or until well marked. Turn fillets over; grill 5 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
- 4. Place 1 fillet in each of 4 shallow bowls; ladle 3/4 cup potato mixture over fish. Drizzle 3/4 teaspoon oil over each serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes