Absolutley outstanding! Very easy to make and delicious!
Grilled Salmon with Chorizo and Fingerlings
Spanish chorizo is typically cured and has a smokier flavor profile than raw Mexican chorizo. If Spanish chorizo is unavailable, you can substitute Portuguese linguiça. Smoked paprika emphasizes the grilled flavor of the fish.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 462
- Fat: 25.5g
- Saturated fat: 5.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 10.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 7.7g
- Protein: 39.3g
- Carbohydrate: 17.7g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 100mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 653mg
- Calcium: 46mg
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 3/4 pound fingerling potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 ounces Spanish chorizo sausage, diced
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 1/2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 teaspoon Spanish smoked paprika
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1. Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add shallots and garlic to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add 1/4 cup chicken broth. Cover, reduce heat, and cook 3 minutes or until shallots are tender. Stir in remaining 1 1/4 cups broth, potatoes, and chorizo; bring to a simmer. Simmer 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender; stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add spinach to pan; cover. Remove from heat; stir to combine. Keep warm.
- 3. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and paprika evenly over fillets. Lightly coat fillets with cooking spray; arrange fillets in a single layer, skin side up, on grill rack. Grill 2 minutes. Rotate fillets a quarter turn on the same side; grill 3 minutes or until well marked. Turn fillets over; grill 5 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
- 4. Place 1 fillet in each of 4 shallow bowls; ladle 3/4 cup potato mixture over fish. Drizzle 3/4 teaspoon oil over each serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note