Grilled Salmon With Charred-Corn Relish
Prep: 30 minutes; Cook: 21 minutes.
Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 salmon fillet and 1 1/2 cups relish)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 341
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 5g
- Protein: 29g
- Carbohydrate: 22g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 72mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 286mg
- Calcium: 32mg
- 4 ears shucked corn
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil, plus whole basil sprigs for garnish (optional)
- 4 (4-ounce) salmon fillets
- 1. Prepare grill.
- 2. Soak corn in a large bowl of cold water for 20 minutes. Remove and pat dry. Coat corn on all sides with cooking spray, and season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Grill about 15 minutes or until charred on all sides. Remove cobs from grill, and cool slightly. Slice the kernels from the cobs, and transfer to a medium bowl. Add tomatoes, olive oil, vinegar, and sliced basil; season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Let the relish sit at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
- 3. Meanwhile, lightly coat both sides of salmon fillets with cooking spray; season with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place fillets skin side down, and grill 3–4 minutes or until golden brown. Flip fillets, and grill for 3 more minutes. Fish should feel slightly firm in the center and will register 145° on an instant-read thermometer. Place salmon onto each of 4 plates, and spoon relish over top. Garnish with basil sprigs, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes