This is a summer staple in our house. We love these tacos and have served them to guests many times. We use the flour tortillas from Costco that are purchase uncooked and cook them ourselves. Also we use light mayo.
Grilled Salmon Tacos with Chipotle Sauce
Flavorful leftover fish gives you a jump-start on dinner; just a few embellishments turn this Cedar-Planked Salmon into a whole new meal. Set out a stack of warm tortillas and bowlfuls of taco fillings to make this a convivial, casual family supper where everyone assembles his or her own tacos to taste. For speedier preparation, use packaged angel hair slaw instead of shredded cabbage.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 408
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Protein: 35.8g
- Carbohydrate: 37.8g
- Fiber: 6.6g
- Cholesterol: 84mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 798mg
- Calcium: 166mg
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fat-free buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons minced chipotle chile, canned in adobo sauce (about 1 chile)
- 4 servings Cedar-Planked Salmon with Barbecue Spice Rub, coarsely chopped
- 8 (6-inch) white corn tortillas
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 cup diced seeded tomato (about 2 tomatoes)
- 1. Preheat oven to 250°.
- 2. To prepare sauce, combine mayonnaise, cilantro, buttermilk, and chile in a small bowl.
- 3. To prepare tacos, place Cedar-Planked Salmon with Barbecue Spice Rub in a baking dish. Cover with foil. Wrap tortillas tightly in foil. Bake the fish and the tortillas at 250° for 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- 4. Combine cabbage, onions, and juice; toss well.
- 5. Spread about 4 teaspoons sauce down the center of each tortilla. Top each tortilla with about 2 ounces Cedar-Planked Salmon with Barbecue Spice Rub, 1/2 cup cabbage mixture, and 2 tablespoons tomato; fold in half. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes