Grilled Salmon Spread with Fennel and Chives
Serve this creamy spread on grilled or toasted bread alongside grilled vegetables for a filling lunch or enjoy with crudités and crackers as the start to any summer meal. Using leftover salmon eliminates the first step all together. Recipe from the Whole Foods Market website: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/2574.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) olive oil, plus more for greasing
- 1 (1/2-pound) skin-on boneless salmon fillet
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup(s) low-fat cottage cheese
- 3 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1 to 2 teaspoon(s) prepared horseradish (optional)
- 3 tablespoon(s) chopped chives, divided
- 1/2 fennel bulb, cored and very thinly sliced plus 2 tablespoons chopped fennel fronds
- Grease grill grates with oil then preheat grill to medium heat. Brush salmon all over with oil then season with salt and pepper. Arrange salmon on grill, skin-side up, and cook, gently flipping once, until golden brown and just cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes total. Set aside to let cool then remove and discard skin.
- Put cottage cheese, lemon juice and horseradish (if using) into a food processor and purée until smooth; transfer mixture to a large bowl. Flake salmon into small pieces and add to cottage cheese mixture along with 2 tablespoons of the chives and fennel bulb and fronds. Fold gently to combine then garnish with remaining 1 tablespoon chives and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note