- 3 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (2 1/4-lb.) whole skinless salmon fillet, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pickled okra
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 (12-inch) wooden or metal skewers
- 3 Kirby cucumbers
- 12 grape tomatoes
- Garnish: chopped fresh dill
How to Make It
Stir together first 4 ingredients in a bowl; transfer to a large zip-top plastic freezer bag. Add salmon, seal bag, and turn gently to coat. Chill 3 hours, turning occasionally.
Meanwhile, stir together yogurt and next 4 ingredients; cover and chill until ready to serve. Soak wooden skewers in water 30 minutes. (Omit if using metal skewers.)
Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Scrape outside of cucumbers lengthwise using tines of a fork, scoring skin all the way around; cut into half moons.
Remove salmon from marinade, discarding marinade. Thread salmon, cucumbers, and tomatoes alternately onto skewers, leaving a 1/8-inch space between pieces.
Grill, covered with grill lid, 5 to 6 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Serve with yogurt mixture.