This was very good for a light dinner on a hot summer day. I added grilled portbello mushrooms on top. Will definitely make again, next time will experiment will some grilled chicken.
Grilled Salad Pizza
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Jan Gautro
A great way to get a cool, crisp salad and cheese pizza all in one. If you have a square grill pan, roll the dough into a square for a better fit.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 wedges)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 357
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 9.8g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 15.5g
- Carbohydrate: 53.5g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Iron: 4.2mg
- Sodium: 572mg
- Calcium: 269mg
- 1 package dry yeast (about 2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 2/3 cup warm water (100° to 110°)
- 3 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 1/2 cups coarsely chopped trimmed arugula (about 4 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped seeded tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- Dissolve yeast in warm water in a large bowl; let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in 1 1/2 teaspoons oil. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, sugar, salt, oregano, and thyme. Add to yeast mixture; stir well. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic (about 10 minutes).
- Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 45 minutes or until doubled in size. (Press two fingers into the dough. If indentation remains, the dough has risen enough.) Punch dough down; cover and let rest 5 minutes. Divide in half. Roll each half into a 9-inch circle on a floured surface.
- Heat a grill pan coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Place one dough portion on pan; cook 10 minutes. Turn dough over; sprinkle with 1/4 cup mozzarella and 2 tablespoons Parmesan. Cook 10 minutes; remove from pan. Repeat procedure with remaining dough and cheeses.
- Combine 2 teaspoons oil, arugula, and remaining ingredients in a medium bowl. Spoon 2 cups salad onto each pizza crust using a slotted spoon. Cut each pizza into 4 wedges. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note