- 1 cup (8 oz.) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest, plus 2 1/2 Tbsp. fresh juice (about 2 lemons)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 2 pounds fresh royal red shrimp
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
How to Make It
Preheat grill to medium (350°F to 400°F). Stir together butter, garlic, lemon zest and juice, thyme, pepper, and 1 teaspoon of the salt in a medium bowl until well combined.
Toss together shrimp, oil, and remaining 1 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Grill shrimp, covered, just until shrimp are bright red and charred, 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Toss with lemony garlic butter, and serve immediately.