Everyone loved the combination of flavors and textures. Putting it on the table made me feel like a gourmet chef without that much effort. I grilled some hand tossed dough to sub for naan. At the end, there was naan left ;)
Grilled Rosemary Pork Flatbreads with Peaches and Mascarpone
More From Sunset
Total: 1 Hour
Amount per serving
- Calories: 390
- Calories from fat: 59%
- Protein: 18g
- Fat: 26g
- Saturated fat: 11g
- Carbohydrate: 24g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sodium: 421mg
- Cholesterol: 79mg
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 1 lb.)
- 1/2 cup mascarpone
- 2 teaspoons honey, preferably organic
- 2 large or 3 medium firm-ripe peaches, skin on, cut into 1/2-in. wedges
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise and cut in half crosswise
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 naan breads (each about 9 by 7 in.)
- Fine sea salt, preferably fleur de sel
- 1. Whisk garlic, rosemary, lemon zest, 3 tbsp. oil, the kosher salt, and pepper together in a small bowl. Spread garlic paste all over pork, then wrap pork in a double layer of plastic wrap, put on a plate, and chill overnight. Mix mascarpone with honey and chill.
- 2. Set a large cast-iron skillet on grill and heat grill to medium-high (450°). Brush skillet with 1 tsp. oil and add pork. Cook, covered, until pork is well browned and crusty underneath, 7 to 8 minutes. Turn and cook, covered, to brown all sides, 10 to 15 minutes more, or until an instant-read thermometer registers 150°.
- 3. Put peach wedges, meanwhile, in a medium bowl. Scrape vanilla seeds from pod into bowl, then toss in pod. Transfer meat to a cutting board and let rest, covered with foil, 10 minutes. Slice thinly.
- 4. While pork is resting, swirl butter in hot cast-iron pan, then add vanilla and peaches in a single layer with tongs. Cook peaches until caramelized on cut sides, 10 to 15 minutes. If your grill is big enough, turn a burner off and set naan over turned-off burner to warm. Otherwise, set peaches aside, covered; then quickly toast naan on grill.
- 5. To eat, tear off a piece of naan, spread with mascarpone, and top with a slice or 2 of pork, some peach wedges, and a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Make-ahead & packing tips: Marinate pork and make mascarpone honey 1 day ahead. Pack both in a cooler. Cut peaches up to 2 hours ahead, toss with 1 tsp. lemon juice, and pack with vanilla beans and pod; add to cooler.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This