Grilled Romesco Sauce
Photo: Tina Rupp
Alyssa Gorelick serves this grilled Romesco sauce over quinoa-stuffed poblano peppers. Any extra sauce is terrific with roasted or grilled potatoes or on a veggie burger.
This recipe goes with Quinoa-Stuffed Poblanos with Grilled Romesco Sauce
Yield: makes 2 1/4 cups
More From Food & Wine
Amount per serving
- Calories: 35
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: .1g
- Carbohydrate: 5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g
- 2 (large) red bell peppers, halved, cored and seeded
- 1 (large) tomato, halved
- 1/2 (medium) onion, thickly sliced
- 1/4 cup almonds, raw
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Light a grill. Wrap the red peppers, tomato and onion in a large sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Grill over moderate heat for about 25 minutes, until the vegetables are softened and charred.
- Transfer the vegetables to a blender. Add the almonds and crushed red pepper and puree. Season with salt and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This