Grilled Romesco Sauce
Photo: Tina Rupp
Alyssa Gorelick serves this grilled Romesco sauce over quinoa-stuffed poblano peppers. Any extra sauce is terrific with roasted or grilled potatoes or on a veggie burger.
This recipe goes with Quinoa-Stuffed Poblanos with Grilled Romesco Sauce
Yield: makes 2 1/4 cups
More From Food & Wine
Amount per serving
- Calories: 35
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: .1g
- Carbohydrate: 5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g
- 2 (large) red bell peppers, halved, cored and seeded
- 1 (large) tomato, halved
- 1/2 (medium) onion, thickly sliced
- 1/4 cup almonds, raw
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Light a grill. Wrap the red peppers, tomato and onion in a large sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Grill over moderate heat for about 25 minutes, until the vegetables are softened and charred.
- Transfer the vegetables to a blender. Add the almonds and crushed red pepper and puree. Season with salt and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note