- 5 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne, or to taste
- 2 hearts of romaine, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, or more to taste
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup crumbled cotija cheese*
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- calories 139
- caloriesfromfat 73 %
- protein 4.4 g
- fat 11 g
- satfat 2.6 g
- carbohydrate 7.1 g
- fiber 3.7 g
- sodium 275 mg
- cholesterol 7.8 mg
How to Make It
Heat a grill to medium (350° to 450°). In a small bowl, combine 1 tbsp. oil with the cayenne. Rub romaine with oil mixture. Grill, turning once, until slightly softened and streaked brown, 5 to 6 minutes total. Arrange romaine cut side up on a platter.
Whirl remaining 2 tsp. oil, the yogurt, lime juice, avocado, garlic, cilantro, salt, and 2 1/2 tbsp. water in a food processor until smooth. Spoon dressing over romaine and sprinkle with cheese and green onions.
*Find in grocery stores and Latino markets.