This was so easy and so delicious! The dressing is really outstanding and the grilled lettuce was a nice change from standard salads. Definitely gave a gourmet twist to the meal. We also threw on some tomatoes and red onion. Don't be afraid to try grilling the romaine!
Grilled Romaine with Creamy Herb Dressing
More From Cooking Light
Total: 36 Minutes
- Calories: 132
- Fat: 13.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.3g
- Protein: 0.7g
- Carbohydrate: 2.7g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 325mg
- Calcium: 19mg
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 3/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 cup canola mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Brush cut sides of lettuce evenly with oil. Place lettuce, cut sides down, on a grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill for 2 minutes. Remove from heat; cut each lettuce half lengthwise in half again to form 4 quarters. Sprinkle cut sides of lettuce with 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- 3. Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, mayonnaise, and remaining ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well. Place 1 lettuce quarter on each of 4 salad plates; drizzle each serving with about 4 teaspoons dressing. Serve immediately.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note