This is always a crowd pleaser!! Even my picky eaters eat this because it's not "a salad" to them...??!! After having made this several times throughout the year, I agree with the other reviews, no need to coat each side, just the cut side. Also added more bleu cheese and crumbled bacon; and mixed shallots/or onions & garlic, balsamic vinegar, and a dollup of reduced-fat pre-made bleu cheese dressing as the dressing. Definitely a family favorite!!
Grilled Romaine with Blue Cheese Dressing
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Cindy Barr
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 58
- Calories from fat: 45%
- Fat: 2.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 2.8g
- Carbohydrate: 6.5g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 278mg
- Calcium: 80mg
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots
- 3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts, cut in half lengthwise (about 12 ounces)
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1. Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Combine first 6 ingredients, stirring with a whisk. Cover and chill.
- 3. Coat lettuce on all sides with cooking spray; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place lettuce, cut side down, on grill rack; grill 2 minutes. Remove lettuce from grill; let stand 5 minutes.
- 4. Place 1 lettuce half on each of 4 salad plates. Top each serving with 1/4 cup tomatoes. Drizzle each serving with 1 tablespoon dressing. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Grilled Romaine with Blue Cheese Dressing Recipe at a Glance