Grilled Romaine Salad with Tomato and Corn Tumble
Better Homes and Gardens 6/2013 Can use other veges on top of lettuce I used parmesan cheese instead of ricotta or feta
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2-3 ear(s) corn
- 4 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon(s) snipped garlic chives
- 2 hearts of romaine lettuce, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup(s) grape or pear tomatoes quartered
- 1/4 cup(s) crumbled ricotta salata or feta cheese (1 oz)
- Place corn with husks and silks intact in a large bowl. Add enough cold water to cover. Let soak 1 hr.
- Meanwhile, for garlic-chive vinaigrette, in a screw-top jar combine 3 Tbsp of olive oil, the vinegar, mustard and garlic chives. Cover and shake well; set aside.
- Brush the romaine with remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil; set aside. Place corn on rack of grill directly over medium heat. Grill for 25-30 min. or until kernels are tender, turning once. Grill romaine, cut sides down, directly over med heat for 2-3 min or until slightly charred and wilted.
- Place a romaine heart half on each of 4 salad plates. Remove corn husks and silks from ear. Cut kernels from cobs. In med bowl, combine corn kernels and tomatoes. Toss to coat. Drizzle with some of the vinaigrette; Spoon the corn and tomato mixture over romaine halves. Season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Top with cheese.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by annette1 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Grilled Romaine Salad with Tomato and Corn Tumble Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads