Grilled Romaine Salad with Tomato and Corn Tumble
Hearts of grilled romaine with fresh summer vegetables.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2-3 ear(s) fresh sweet corn
- 4 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon(s) snipped garlic chives
- 2 hearts of romaine lettuce halved lengthwise
- 1 cup(s) grape tomatoes quartered
- 1/4 cup(s) feta cheese crumbled
- Place corn with husks and silks intact in a large bow. Add enough cold water to cover. Let soak for 1 hour.
- For vinaigrette, 3 T olive oil, the vinegar, mustard, and garlic chives. Cover an shake well. You may substitute 1 T chives, and 1 clove of garlic for the garlic chives.
- Brush the romaine with the remaining olive oil. Grill corn for 25-30 minutes. Grill romaine, cut side down, directly over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, or until slightly charred and wilted.
- Place a romaine heart half on each of 4 plates. Cut kernels from cobs. Combine corn kernels and tomatoes. Drizzle with some of the vinaigrette. Toss to coat. Drizzle remaining vinaigrette over romaine. Spoon corn and tomato mixture over romaine. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Top with cheese.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Recipeapp and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Grilled Romaine Salad with Tomato and Corn Tumble Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads