Grilled Romaine Salad With Buttermilk-Chive Dressing
- 4 bunches romaine hearts
- 1 red onion
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Vegetable cooking spray or oil
- Buttermilk-Chive Dressing
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup freshly shaved or shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cut romaine hearts in half lengthwise, keeping leaves intact. Cut red onion crosswise into 1/2-inch slices, keeping rings intact; brush with olive oil, and set aside.
- Coat food grater evenly with vegetable cooking spray, or brush lightly with vegetable oil. Place food on grate gril over medium heat (300º to 350º).
- Place romaine halves, cut side down, on food grate. Grill, uncovered, 3 to 5 minutes or until just wilted. If desired, rotate halves once to get crisscross grill marks. Brush warm romaine halves with Buttermilk-Chive Dressing, coating lightly.
- Place two romaine halves on each of 4 salad plates. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Top each evenly with onion slices and freshly shaved Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately with remaining Buttermilk-Chive Dressing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This