Grilled Romaine Chicken Caesar Salad
Grilling sturdy hearts of romaine imparts smoky flavor to this popular salad green. You'll love the contrasting textures of the lightly wilted outer leaves and the crisp center. Be sure to keep the core intact to hold the leaves together on the grill.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 320
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 9.1g
- Saturated fat: 3.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Protein: 37.6g
- Carbohydrate: 21.1g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 84mg
- Iron: 2.9mg
- Sodium: 731mg
- Calcium: 203mg
- 3 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 romaine hearts, cut in half lengthwise
- Olive oil—flavored cooking spray
- 4 (1-ounce) slices French bread baguette (1 inch thick)
- Caesar Dressing
- 1. Prepare grill.
- 2. Brush chicken with olive oil; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Coat romaine hearts with cooking spray, and sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper. Coat both sides of bread slices generously with cooking spray.
- 3. Place chicken, romaine, and bread on a grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill chicken 7 to 8 minutes on each side or until done. Grill romaine halves 4 to 5 minutes. Grill bread slices 3 minutes on each side or until toasted.
- 4. Cut chicken diagonally into thin slices; cut grilled bread into large cubes. Arrange chicken strips and grilled croutons evenly over romaine halves; drizzle evenly with Caesar Dressing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads