Grilled Red-Chile Calamari and Prawns
To avoid getting a rubbery texture, squid needs to be cooked either hot and fast or low and slow. Don't worry if you see the squid start to curl on the grill, but make sure to remove it from the heat as soon as it turns opaque.
More From Coastal Living
Marinate: 1 Hour
- 3 chopped red chiles
- 1/2 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 pounds squid, cleaned
- 3 pounds large whole prawns or shrimp, peeled and deveined, if desired
- 1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Set aside 1/3 cup marinade.
- 2. Slice squid in half lengthwise. Stir into marinade. Cover and marinate 30 minutes.
- 3. Stir prawns into marinade with squid; cover and marinate 30 more minutes.
- 4. Grill prawns over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Grill squid 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until opaque. Place on a serving platter and drizzle with reserved marinade.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note