Prepare and refrigerate this side dish up to two days ahead; let it come to room temperature before serving. It's good with grilled chicken, lamb, or fish.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1/2 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 50
- Calories from fat: 36%
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 1.4g
- Carbohydrate: 8g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 229mg
- Calcium: 18mg
- 1 medium peeled eggplant, halved lengthwise (about 1 pound)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 medium red bell pepper, halved lengthwise
- 1 medium green bell pepper, halved lengthwise
- 1 medium red onion, quartered
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup diced plum tomato (about 2)
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons herbes de Provence
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Sprinkle cut sides of eggplant with 3/4 teaspoon salt. Let drain 1 hour. Rinse well; pat dry with paper towels.
- Prepare grill.
- Coat eggplant, zucchini, bell peppers, and onion with cooking spray. Place vegetables on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 minutes on each side or until tender. Cool.
- Coarsely chop vegetables, and place in a large bowl. Stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, tomatoes, and remaining ingredients, stirring until blended.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note