Grilled Rainbow Trout with Mushroom Stuffing
- 6 (1 1/2-pound) dressed rainbow trout
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 12 fresh thyme sprigs
- Brush inside of trout with oil.
- Combine shallots and next 5 ingredients; spoon evenly into trout. Place lemon slices and thyme sprigs on stuffing and outside of fish; tie trout with string. Brush outside of trout with oil.
- Cook, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) about 8 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note