Grilled Quesadillas with Nopales and Salsa Slaw
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 494
- Calories from fat: 36%
- Protein: 18g
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated fat: 7.6g
- Carbohydrate: 63g
- Fiber: 8.3g
- Sodium: 1382mg
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- About 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 2 poblano chiles, seeded and sliced
- 1 cup cleaned and cubed nopales
- About 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 8 flour or corn tortillas (8-in. size)
- 1 cup shredded jack cheese
- 1 qt. shredded cabbage
- 1 cup salsa (any kind)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- Sour cream
- 1. Prepare a charcoal or gas grill for high heat (450° to 550°; you can hold your hand 5 in. above cooking grate only 2 to 4 seconds). Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp. oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook onion, chiles, and nopales until softened and starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and remove from heat.
- 2. Lay 4 tortillas on a baking sheet. Sprinkle each with 1/4 cup cheese and 1/2 cup warm vegetable mixture. Top each with a second tortilla.
- 3. Using a wad of oiled paper towels and tongs, oil cooking grate. Use a spatula to transfer quesadillas to grill; cook, turning once, until grill marks appear and cheese is melted, about 2 minutes. Remove from grill, cut each into quarters.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine cabbage, salsa, lime juice, cilantro, and a pinch of salt. Serve quesadillas with slaw, and sour cream if you like.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes