Grilled Quail with Red Wine-Blackberry Sauce
- 2 (14-ounce) packages quail, dressed with breasts deboned
- 1 (8-ounce) bottle Italian dressing
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 (9.5-ounce) jar seedless blackberry spread
- Rinse quail, and pat dry. Place in a large shallow dish or heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; add Italian dressing. Cover or seal, and chill 8 hours. Remove quail, discarding marinade.
- Cook wine in a small saucepan over medium heat 5 minutes or until reduced by half. Whisk in blackberry spread until smooth. Reserve 3/4 cup.
- Grill quail over medium heat (300° to 350°) 15 minutes, turning once and basting with remaining blackberry sauce. Serve with reserved 3/4 cup sauce.
- NOTE: For testing purposes only, we used Dickinson's Purely Fruit Seedless Marion Blackberry Spreadable Fruit.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes