I made this alternative to the standard potato salad served during the summer that contains mayo and other creamy sauces. This one stands out as a tasty, and more healthy alternative. I served at a holiday/birthday gathering to rave reviews. Everyone loved it, and some commented that it must have taken a long time. It's actually pretty quick, can be made in the same as other potato salads. I replaced a couple of ingredients for the preparation. Instead of parsley, I used cilantro. This added a bit of latin flavor to the Mediterranean base flavors. I also used balsamic instead of red wine vinegar for a stronger flavor. In both cases I felt they added a little more personality to the salad. Two ingredients that are not missed if you don't have them are the capers and anchovies. I'm sure they add some to the complexity of flavors, but the salad would still be great without. This salad would go great with other Mediterranean dishes and chicken. I'll definitely make again.
Grilled Potato Salad
Photo: Thomas J. Story; Styling: Dan Becker
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 182
- Calories from fat: 53%
- Protein: 3.1g
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Carbohydrate: 18g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Sodium: 342mg
- Cholesterol: 1.3mg
- 6 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped capers
- 1/2 teaspoon red chile flakes
- 2 teaspoons minced oil-packed anchovies
- 1/2 cup pitted oil-cured olives
- 1 1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1. Heat grill to medium (350° to 450°) with an area left unheated for indirect heat. Toss potatoes in 1 tbsp. oil; grill flat side down until marks appear, 8 minutes. Turn over, moving to indirect area. Cook until tender, 10 minutes. Let cool, then cut into chunks.
- 2. Whisk remaining 3 tbsp. oil, mustard, vinegar, oregano, capers, chile flakes, and anchovies in a large bowl. Gently mix in remaining ingredients.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This