Very good, cooked in cast iron pan on the grill. To lighten the recipe I reduced the salt to 1/4tsp in the rub, reduced the bacon to 3 pieces. Very good flavor.
Grilled Potato Salad
Picnic-friendly grilled potato salad is a fun, tasty twist on this traditional summer side dish recipe. Grilling the potatoes gives the dish a smoky flavor while the simple 3-ingredient dressing adds a tangy note. Serve warm with barbecued pork, grilled chicken, or juicy steaks.
More From Southern Living
Grill: 30 Minutes
- 8 bacon slices
- 4 medium-size red potatoes, cut into 3/4-inch cubes (about 5 cups cubed)
- 1 large white onion, cut into 1/2-inch-thick strips
- Potato Salad Dry Rub
- Potato Salad Dressing
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Cook bacon, in batches, in a large skillet over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon.
- 2. Add potatoes, onion, and Potato Salad Dry Rub to hot drippings in skillet, tossing to coat. Remove potato mixture with a slotted spoon.
- 3. Grill potato mixture, covered with grill lid, over 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat in a grill wok or metal basket 30 minutes or until tender, stirring every 5 minutes. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Add Potato Salad Dressing, and toss to coat. Stir in bacon. Garnish, if desired. Serve warm.
Cook Time: 10 minutes per batch
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note