- 1 1/2 pounds small round red potatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons no-salt-added chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium-size sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch-wide strips
- 1 medium-size green pepper, cut into 1-inch-wide strips
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 4 slices turkey bacon
- calories 93
- caloriesfromfat 25 %
- fat 2.6 g
- satfat 0.5 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 2.9 g
- carbohydrate 15.3 g
- fiber 2.1 g
- cholesterol 4 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 92 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Place potato in a 2-quart baking dish; add water. Cover with plastic wrap, and microwave at HIGH 7 to 9 minutes or until potato is almost tender, stirring once. Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
While potato is cooking, combine vinegar and next 3 ingredients in a jar; cover tightly, and shake vigorously. Set aside.
Place potato, onion, and pepper strips in a grill basket coated with cooking spray; coat vegetables with cooking spray. Place turkey bacon slices over vegetables. Place grill basket on grill rack, bacon side up, over medium-hot coals (350° to 400°). Grill, covered, 15 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender, turning once.
Place grilled vegetables in a large bowl; crumble bacon slices over vegetables. Shake vinegar dressing to mix, and pour over vegetables; toss well. Let stand 5 minutes before serving, stirring occasionally.