Grilled potato and onion
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pinch(s) Love
- 1 pound sliced meaty bacon
- 3 red onions, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 1/2 pounds small new potatoes (about 1 1/2 inches in diameter), scrubbed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 pound blue cheese, such as Gorgonzola, Roquefort or Maytag Blue, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Spread the bacon slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake until they are brown and crisp, about 15 minutes. Transfer the bacon slices to paper towel—lined plates to drain. Crumble into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Light a grill. In a large bowl, toss the red onion slices with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Grill the onions over moderately high heat, turning once, until lightly charred and tender, about 5 minutes. Cut the grilled onions into 1/2-inch pieces.
- In a large pot of salted cold water, bring the potatoes to a boil. Simmer until they are beginning to get tender, about 5 minutes. Drain the potatoes and cut them in half. In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the potatoes over moderately high heat, turning once, until they are tender and browned, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix the mayonnaise with the blue cheese. Add the bacon, onions and potatoes and toss to coat. Transfer the salad to a clean bowl and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jenniferld87 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Grilled potato and onion Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables