Excellent. Fire-blackened the poblano, then skinned & seeded it. Made rest to recipe, subbing soft flour tortillas for corn. Great to have a vegetarian option at a taco supper. Served with CL's tacos al pastor & CL's baked black beans.
Grilled Portobello and Poblano Tacos with Pico de Gallo
Photo: John Autry; Styling: Cindy Barr
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour
Amount per serving
- Calories: 327
- Fat: 16.7g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 14g
- Carbohydrate: 35.9g
- Fiber: 8.4g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 554mg
- Calcium: 460mg
- 1 1/2 cups chopped seeded plum tomato (about 3)
- 1/2 cup julienne-cut jicama
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 minced serrano chile
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 portobello mushroom caps (about 1 pound)
- 4 (1/4-inch-thick) slices onion
- 1 whole poblano chile
- Cooking spray
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 cup sliced peeled avocado
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat colby-Jack cheese
- 1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Combine the first 6 ingredients and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a small bowl.
- 3. Remove gills from the undersides of mushrooms using a spoon; discard gills. Place mushrooms, onion, and poblano on a grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill mushrooms and poblano for 5 minutes on each side or until tender. Grill onion 6 minutes on each side or until tender. Remove from heat. Seed poblano and remove stem, and cut mushrooms and poblano into thin strips. Chop onion, and combine vegetables in a bowl.
- 4. Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic; sauté for 1 minute or until lightly browned. Add mushroom mixture, remaining 3/8 teaspoon salt, and cumin; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- 5. Heat tortillas according to package directions. Divide mushroom mixture, pico de gallo, and avocado evenly among tortillas. Top each with 2 tablespoons cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note