Grilled Portobello Pizzas
- 1 cup tomato-basil pasta sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil, divided
- 8 large portobello mushroom caps
- 1 (8-ounce) bottle Italian dressing
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- Stir together first 3 ingredients and 1/4 cup basil. Set aside.
- Combine mushroom caps and Italian dressing in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag, turning to coat. Let stand 2 to 3 minutes. Remove mushrooms from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Coat food rack with vegetable cooking spray; place on grill over medium-high heat (350° to 400°).
- Place mushroom caps, stem side up, on rack, and grill, covered with grill lid, 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Turn caps, stem side up, and spoon sauce mixture evenly into each.
- Grill, covered, 2 more minutes or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle evenly with shredded cheese and remaining 1/4 cup chopped basil; serve immediately.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Classico Tomato-Basil Pasta Sauce.
- Grilled Portobello Pizza Burgers: Serve Grilled Portobello Pizzas on warm, toasted hamburger buns with desired toppings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes