Made more of the Worcestershire sauce because the mushrooms were large, sauce did a good job adding some flavor to the inside of the caps. Otherwise made to recipe, simple but good burgers. Served with coleslaw and corn on the cob.
Grilled Portobello Burgers
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 283
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 8.4g
- Saturated fat: 4.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 14.4g
- Carbohydrate: 37.7g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Iron: 2.9mg
- Sodium: 995mg
- Calcium: 299mg
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 large portobello mushroom caps
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 4 wedges
- Cooking spray
- 4 (1/2-inch-thick) slices onion
- 8 (1/2-ounce) slices reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 4 (1 1/2-ounce) hamburger buns
- 4 Bibb lettuce leaves
- 8 sandwich-cut bread-and-butter pickles
- Prepare grill.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl; brush both sides of mushroom caps with sauce mixture.
- Place bell pepper on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill for 10 minutes or until blackened. Place in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 10 minutes. Peel. Place mushroom caps, top sides down, and onion on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until tender. Place 2 cheese slices on top of each mushroom cap; cover and grill 1 minute or until cheese melts.
- Spread 1 tablespoon ketchup and 1 1/2 teaspoons mustard over top half of each bun. Place mushroom caps on bottom halves of hamburger buns. Separate onion into rings; arrange onion slices evenly over mushrooms. Top each serving with 1 lettuce leaf, 2 pickles, and top half of bun.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note