So delicious with a unique but easy preparation! Make sure to cook mushrooms on both sides.
Grilled Portobello, Bell Pepper, and Goat Cheese Sandwiches
Although you can cook the vegetables, bread and tomato side dish in a grill pan, these Grilled Portobello, Bell Pepper, and Goat Cheese Sandwiches come together quickly on the increased surface area of an outdoor grill.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 317
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 10.5g
- Saturated fat: 4.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 14g
- Carbohydrate: 41.7g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Iron: 3.2mg
- Sodium: 571mg
- Calcium: 118mg
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in half and seeded
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut in half and seeded
- 4 (4-inch) portobello mushroom caps
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (2-ounce) Kaiser rolls
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) soft goat cheese
- 1. Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Combine balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and garlic in a large bowl. Add bell peppers and portobello mushrooms; toss gently to coat. Remove vegetables from vinegar mixture, and discard vinegar mixture.
- 3. Place bell peppers and mushrooms on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side. Remove vegetables from grill; cool slightly. Cut bell peppers into thin strips. Combine bell peppers, basil, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl.
- 4. Cut rolls in half horizontally; spread cheese evenly over cut sides of rolls. Arrange 1 mushroom cap on bottom half of each roll; top each serving with about 1/3 cup bell pepper mixture and top half of roll.
- 5. Place sandwiches on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Place a cast-iron or other heavy skillet on top of sandwiches; press gently to flatten. Grill 3 minutes on each side or until bread is toasted (leave cast-iron skillet on sandwiches while they cook).
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches