Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Green Tomato-Pineapple Salsa
A basic grilled pork tenderloin becomes “company worthy” when paired with a tangy-sweet salsa of green tomatoes and fresh pineapple.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 241
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 37g
- Carbohydrate: 9g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 111mg
- Sodium: 234mg
- 4 medium green tomatoes (about 1 lb.), cored and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, cored, cut into 1/4-inch dice (about 2 cups)
- 2 whole pork tenderloins (about 1 1/2 lb. each)
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Combine tomatoes, onion, lemon juice and olive oil in a large bowl. Stir in pineapple, cover and chill until ready to serve. (Can be made up to 1 day ahead. Keep covered and refrigerated.) Makes about 4 cups.
- 2. Preheat a gas grill to medium-low. Make small incisions all over tenderloins with a sharp paring knife and insert slices of garlic until well studded. Season with salt and pepper. Oil grates and grill pork, turning often, until a meat thermometer inserted at thickest part of tenderloin reaches 160°F and tenderloin is lightly browned on outside and shows no pink color inside, about 45 minutes. Remove pork to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes.
- 3. Season green tomato-pineapple salsa with salt and pepper. Serve cold with thin slices of pork.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note