Green mangoes are not fully ripe, and they lend sour flavor to Southeast Asian dishes. Their tartness contrasts with sweet carrot, refreshing mint and basil, and fiery peppers. Use an equal amount of unpeeled green apples if you can't find green mangoes.
Cooking Light JUNE 2009
1. Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
2. To prepare pork, combine first 6 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning occasionally. Remove pork from bag; discard marinade. Sprinkle pork evenly with salt and black pepper.
3. Place pork on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 22 minutes or until a thermometer registers 155°, turning occasionally. Remove from heat; let stand 10 minutes. Cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices; cut each slice into thin strips, and keep warm.
4. To prepare salad, combine carrot and next 7 ingredients (through jalapeño) in a medium bowl; toss well.
5. Place about 1 1/2 ounces pork on each of 8 lettuce leaves; top each serving evenly with 1/4 cup mango mixture and 2 tablespoon bean sprouts.
Go to full version of