my boyfriend and i love this recipe! great combination of flavors and a nice alternative to a traditional salad. have to agree with the other comments on the structural integrity -- we've decided it's easier to eat as a salad, not as lettuce cups. will continue to make this dish again and again.
Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Green Mango
Green mangoes are not fully ripe, and they lend sour flavor to Southeast Asian dishes. Their tartness contrasts with sweet carrot, refreshing mint and basil, and fiery peppers. Use an equal amount of unpeeled green apples if you can't find green mangoes.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 219
- Fat: 5.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 24.6g
- Carbohydrate: 16.8g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 545mg
- Calcium: 39mg
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sake (rice wine) or dry sherry
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 large green (unripe) mango, peeled and shredded
- 1 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- Remaining ingredients:
- 8 Boston lettuce leaves
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 1. Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. To prepare pork, combine first 6 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning occasionally. Remove pork from bag; discard marinade. Sprinkle pork evenly with salt and black pepper.
- 3. Place pork on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 22 minutes or until a thermometer registers 155°, turning occasionally. Remove from heat; let stand 10 minutes. Cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices; cut each slice into thin strips, and keep warm.
- 4. To prepare salad, combine carrot and next 7 ingredients (through jalapeño) in a medium bowl; toss well.
- 5. Place about 1 1/2 ounces pork on each of 8 lettuce leaves; top each serving evenly with 1/4 cup mango mixture and 2 tablespoon bean sprouts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes