Grilled Pork Tacos with Summer Corn and Nectarine Salsa
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless center-cut loin pork chops
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Cooking spray
- 1 ear shucked corn
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced ripe nectarine
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 minced seeded jalapeño pepper
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- calories 332
- fat 16.4 g
- satfat 4.4 g
- monofat 8.1 g
- polyfat 2 g
- protein 21.6 g
- carbohydrate 27.1 g
- fiber 4.1 g
- cholesterol 60 mg
- iron 1.3 mg
- sodium 519 mg
- calcium 57 mg
How to Make It
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Combine 2 teaspoons lime juice, 1 tablespoon oil, and pork in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Marinate 10 minutes at room temperature. Remove pork from bag; discard marinade. Sprinkle both sides of pork with 1/2 teaspoon salt, cumin, pepper, and garlic. Place pork on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand 5 minutes. Slice pork into thin strips.
Lightly coat corn with cooking spray. Place corn on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 6 minutes or until lightly charred, turning occasionally. Let corn stand 5 minutes; cut kernels from cob. Combine kernels, 2 teaspoons juice, remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, bell pepper, and next 3 ingredients (through jalapeño) in a bowl; toss.
Place tortillas on a grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill for 1 minute on each side or until lightly browned. Toss cabbage with remaining 2 teaspoons lime juice. Place 2 tortillas on each of 4 plates, and divide pork evenly among tortillas. Top each taco with about 1 tablespoon cabbage mixture and about 2 tablespoons salsa.