Cooking Light AUGUST 2013
1. Combine jerk seasoning, 1 tablespoon lime juice, and 1 teaspoon oil in a medium bowl.
2. Cut pork crosswise into 8 pieces. Using your hand, flatten each piece to 1/2-inch thickness. Add pork to spice mixture; toss well to coat.
3. Cut mangoes in half lengthwise; discard pits. Cut each mango half into 1-inch cubes, cutting to, but not through, the skin. Brush cut sides of mangoes with 1/2 teaspoon oil.
4. Heat a grill pan over high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add pork to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Add mango halves, skin sides up, to pan; cook 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
5. Combine sugar and next 3 ingredients (through salt) in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 4 minutes or until thickened. Stir in 1 tablespoon lime juice. Drizzle sauce over pork and mangoes.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Go to full version of