Quick easy and exciting. My children who won't otherwise eat salad ask for this one often. Love it!
Grilled Pork Cosmopolitan Salad
Reader Janice Elder based this tasty recipe on the ever cool, colorful Cosmopolitan cocktail.
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1/4 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 3 limes)
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 2 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons vodka
- 1 tablespoon minced or grated fresh ginger
- 2 (1-pound) pork tenderloins
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 (10-ounce) packages European blend salad greens
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 (8-ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- Whisk together cranberry sauce and marmalade in a small saucepan over low heat until melted. Remove from heat. Whisk in orange juice, lime juice, and oil. Reserve 1/2 cup of cranberry mixture, add 1/4 teaspoon salt to reserved mixture, and set aside.
- Pour remaining cranberry mixture into a shallow dish or zip-top plastic bag; add vodka, ginger, and pork, turning to coat all sides. Cover or seal, and chill 15 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove pork from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Stir together remaining 2 teaspoons salt, lemon pepper, and ground red pepper; sprinkle evenly over pork.
- Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 10 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 155°. Remove from grill, and cover with aluminum foil. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut pork diagonally into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Toss together salad greens, cranberries, and oranges with reserved 1/2 cup cranberry mixture; top with pork.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes