Yum, some of the best pork chops. Served with parmesan orzo, which made for a pretty spectacular meal.
Grilled Pork Chops with Shallot Butter
If made ahead, allow the butter to come to room temperature before spreading over the pork. You can also combine the oil and herbs a couple of hours in advance.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 208
- Fat: 12.2g
- Saturated fat: 4.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 22.5g
- Carbohydrate: 0.7g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 68mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 360mg
- Calcium: 28mg
- 8 (7-ounce) bone-in center-cut pork chops
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 1/2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1. Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Sprinkle both sides of pork evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Combine oil, chives, thyme, rosemary, and garlic, stirring well. Rub oil mixture evenly over both sides of pork. Place pork on grill rack; grill 6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest part of pork registers 155°. Remove pork from grill; let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 3. Combine butter, shallots, and lemon rind, stirring well. Spread about 1 teaspoon butter mixture over each pork chop; let the pork stand an additional 5 minutes.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This