Yum, some of the best pork chops. Served with parmesan orzo, which made for a pretty spectacular meal.
Grilled Pork Chops with Shallot Butter
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 208
- Fat: 12.2g
- Saturated fat: 4.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 22.5g
- Carbohydrate: 0.7g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 68mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 360mg
- Calcium: 28mg
- 8 (7-ounce) bone-in center-cut pork chops
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 1/2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1. Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Sprinkle both sides of pork evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Combine oil, chives, thyme, rosemary, and garlic, stirring well. Rub oil mixture evenly over both sides of pork. Place pork on grill rack; grill 6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest part of pork registers 155°. Remove pork from grill; let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 3. Combine butter, shallots, and lemon rind, stirring well. Spread about 1 teaspoon butter mixture over each pork chop; let the pork stand an additional 5 minutes.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This