Grilled Pork Chops with Plum Chutney
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Kevin Crafts
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 522
- Calories from fat: 60%
- Protein: 29g
- Fat: 35g
- Saturated fat: 12g
- Carbohydrate: 23g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Sodium: 283mg
- Cholesterol: 107mg
- 4 bone-in pork chops (each about 8 oz. and 3/4 in. thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 pound firm-ripe plums, halved and pitted
- 1/2 sweet onion, cut crosswise into 1/4-in.-thick slices
- 1. Heat grill to high (450° to 550°). Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Cook coriander and mustard seeds in a medium saucepan in 1 tsp. oil over high heat until mustard seeds begin to pop, 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in ginger, vinegar, and brown sugar; set aside.
- 2. Grill pork chops, turning once, until cooked medium, about 10 minutes total. Brush plums and onion with remaining 2 tsp. oil. Grill onion, turning once, until softened and slightly charred, 8 to 10 minutes. Grill plums, turning once, until grill marks appear, 3 minutes.
- 3. Transfer onion and plums to a cutting board and cut pieces in half. Toss in pan with reserved spice mixture and serve over pork chops.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This