- 4 bone-in pork chops (each about 8 oz. and 3/4 in. thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 pound firm-ripe plums, halved and pitted
- 1/2 sweet onion, cut crosswise into 1/4-in.-thick slices
- calories 522
- caloriesfromfat 60 %
- protein 29 g
- fat 35 g
- satfat 12 g
- carbohydrate 23 g
- fiber 2.2 g
- sodium 283 mg
- cholesterol 107 mg
How to Make It
Heat grill to high (450° to 550°). Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Cook coriander and mustard seeds in a medium saucepan in 1 tsp. oil over high heat until mustard seeds begin to pop, 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in ginger, vinegar, and brown sugar; set aside.
Grill pork chops, turning once, until cooked medium, about 10 minutes total. Brush plums and onion with remaining 2 tsp. oil. Grill onion, turning once, until softened and slightly charred, 8 to 10 minutes. Grill plums, turning once, until grill marks appear, 3 minutes.
Transfer onion and plums to a cutting board and cut pieces in half. Toss in pan with reserved spice mixture and serve over pork chops.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.