A great summer dish and one I wouldn't hesitate to serve to guests. I allowed the pork to marinate 2 hours and grilled them on our Traeger. I also substituted greek yogurt for the marscarpone but honestly just the seasoned nectarines alone is perfect. Side dish was a mushroom risotto and garden fresh green beans.
Grilled Pork Chops with Nectarines
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 330
- Fat: 17.3g
- Saturated fat: 5.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 33.4g
- Carbohydrate: 9.7g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 111mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 192mg
- Calcium: 52mg
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 3 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 (6-ounce) bone-in center-cut pork chops (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 2 ripe nectarines
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 teaspoons mascarpone cheese
- 1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Combine thyme, 1 tablespoon oil, and garlic in a small bowl. Rub oil mixture evenly over pork chops; sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Place pork on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand 10 minutes.
- 3. While pork stands, cut nectarines in half; discard pits. Combine sugar, remaining 1/2 teaspoon oil, cumin, and red pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle sugar mixture evenly over cut sides of nectarines. Place nectarines on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 minutes on each side or until tender. Cut nectarines into wedges; top evenly with mascarpone cheese. Serve with pork.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This