Grilled Pork and Broccoli Rabe with Pistachio Couscous
Photo: Hector M. Sanchez; Styling: Sara Quessenberry
More From Real Simple
Other: 10 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 526
- Protein: 40g
- Carbohydrate: 63g
- Sugars: 4g
- Fiber: 4g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Sodium: 453mg
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- 1 10-ounce box couscous (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 1-pound piece pork tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 large bunch broccoli rabe
- 2 lemons, cut in half crosswise
- 1/4 cup roasted pistachios, chopped (about 1 ounce)
- Cook the couscous according to the package directions.
Heat grill to medium-high. Rub the pork with 1 teaspoon of the oil and season with the oregano, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. In a bowl, toss the broccoli rabe with the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil and 1/4teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
Grill the pork, covered, turning occasionally, until cooked through, 18 to 22 minutes. Fifteen minutes into the cooking, place the broccoli rabe and lemons on the grill. Cook, turning, until the broccoli rabe is tender and the lemons are charred, 6 to 7 minutes.
Fluff the couscous and mix in the pistachios. Slice the pork and serve with the broccoli rabe and lemons.
Tip: Grilling lemons intensifies the flavor of the juice, making it slightly smoky and more complex. Try grilling lemons alongside fish or chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes