- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 medium cabbage, shredded
- 1 1/2 pounds smoked Polish sausage, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 pound smoked sausage links
How to Make It
Cook bacon in a large Dutch oven on grill over medium coals until browned and crisp. Drain on paper towels, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in pan. Set bacon aside.
Sauté onion in drippings until tender. Add sugar, flour , salt, and pepper; stir well. Gradually add vinegar and water; cook over medium coals, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Stir in cabbage. Cover; cook 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Place sausage on grill 3 inches from medium coals. Grill 15 minutes, turning as needed. Sprinkle bacon over cabbage, and serve with sausage.