Grilled Polenta Cakes
Yield: Makes 10 servings (1 serving: 1 cake)
More From Health
Total: 36 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 116
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Protein: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 10g
- Sugars: 1g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 0mg
- Sodium: 387mg
- 1 (18-ounce) tube polenta
- 1/4 cup virgin olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup of your favorite tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese (you may have some left over)
- 1/4 cup whole basil leaves
- Pinch of koser salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Remove polenta from casing, cut into ten 1/2-inch slices (cakes), and pat dry with paper towels.
- 2. Brush both sides of polenta cakes with oil, and set aside.
- 3. Heat a grill pan over high heat until hot. Lay polenta cakes in one layer on the pan; grill for 8-10 minutes on each side or until both sides are golden and crunchy and have grill marks.
- 4. Remove cakes from the grill pan and let cool on a wire rack. Preheat the oven to 350°.
- 5. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Arrange the grilled polenta cakes on the baking sheet. Place 1 tablespoon of tomato sauce on each slice, then add 1-2 teaspoons Parmesan to each. Bake for 15 minutes.
- 6. Garnish with basil, salt, and pepper. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Grilled Polenta Cakes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
- PUBLICATION: Health
More Recipes for Main Dishes