Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 cup(s) water
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup(s) polenta
- 3/4 cup(s) parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- olive oil
- Combine the water, salt and butter in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Gradually add the polenta or cornmeal, whisking constantly so it doesn't lump. Lower the heat and continue cooking, stirring frequently, until quite thick, 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the parmesan cheese and cayenne.
- Line a 9 inch pie plate with plastic wrap, letting it extend over the edges. Spread the polenta evenly over the plastic wrap and smooth the top with a spoon. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and chill until firm, at least 1 hour.
- Prepare a fire in a grill. Position the oiled grill rack 4-6 inches above the fire. Invert the pie plate to unmold the polenta. Peel off the plastic wrap. Cut the polenta into 6 pie-shaped wedges. Brush each wedge lightly on both sides with oil. Arrange the polenta wedges on the rack. Grill, turning two or three times, until golden, about 10 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Jrneef and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note