Very good! The second time I made this, I realized I wouldn't need the pizza crust that day- so baked it at 350 for ~7" and froze it. When we were ready to make the pizza, we defrosted the crust~1 hour, grilled it ~2" each side, piled on the ingredients,back onto the grill another couple minutes---and YUM! Next, time, I'll intentionally make a second crust. Good pizza recipe for something a little different.
Grilled Pizzettes With Smoked Salmon and Capers
Howard L. Puckett
- 1 (1/4-ounce) envelope active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup warm water (100º to 110º)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Olive oil
- 8 ounces smoked salmon, cut into 1/4-inch-wide strips
- 1/3 cup capers, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Havarti cheese
- 6 teaspoons chopped fresh dillweed
- 6 lemon wedges
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Stir in 2 cups flour, 2 teaspoons olive oil, and salt to form a soft dough.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic, adding enough remaining flour to prevent dough from sticking. Shape into a ball; place in a lightly greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 40 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
- Punch dough down; divide into 6 equal portions, and coat with olive oil. Roll each portion into an 8-inch oval, and set aside on lightly oiled baking sheets.
- Brush grill rack with oil (lightly to avoid flare-ups) over high heat (400° to 500°).
- Place dough on rack, and grill for 2 minutes or until bottoms of crusts are lightly browned and tops begin to puff. (It's easier to prepare pizzas in batches.) Turn crusts over; top evenly with salmon, capers, and cheese. Close grill lid, and grill for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese melts and crusts are golden brown.
- Sprinkle each pizza with 1 teaspoon fresh dill and juice of 1 lemon wedge; serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note