Really good. Wasn't sure my husband would like it because he is suspicious of new things but it got a thumbs up from him as well. I had left over flank steak so it was exta easy for me.! Will make tis again.
Grilled Pizza With Steak, Pear, and Arugula
More From Southern Living
Grill: 30 Minutes
Stand: 10 Minutes
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/2 pound flank steak
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 (12-inch) prebaked pizza crust
- 1 red Bartlett pear, peeled and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh arugula, divided
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- Freshly cracked pepper
- 1. Coat cold cooking grate of grill with cooking spray, and place on grill. Preheat grill to 350° (medium heat).
- 2. Season flank steak with salt and pepper.
- 3. Grill steak, covered with grill lid, at 350° (medium heat) 8 to 10 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Cover and let stand 10 minutes.
- 4. Meanwhile, whisk together oil and vinegar in a small bowl.
- 5. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin strips. Cut strips into bite-size pieces (about 1 cup).
- 6. Place pizza crust directly on hot cooking grate. Brush top of crust with oil mixture; layer with pear slices, 1 cup arugula, cheese, and beef strips.
- 7. Grill, covered with grill lid, 4 minutes. Rotate pizza one-quarter turn; grill, covered with grill lid, 5 to 6 more minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove pizza from grill, and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup arugula and freshly cracked pepper.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used 1/2 (16-oz.) package Mama Mary's Thin & Crispy Pizza Crusts.
- Oven-Baked Pizza With Steak, Pear, and Arugula: Assemble pizza as directed, and bake according to package directions for pizza crust.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes