Delicious! Everyone loved the flavors of this pizza. Super simple to make; served with a side salad. Perfect summer evening dinner.
Grilled Pizza with Prosciutto, Arugula, and Lemon
The dough develops a yeastier, more complex flavor from a 24-hour resting period in the refrigerator. You can also use store-bought dough and begin with step 3.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour, 35 Minutes
- Calories: 497
- Fat: 18.6g
- Saturated fat: 8.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Protein: 25.7g
- Carbohydrate: 56.3g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 58mg
- Iron: 4.4mg
- Sodium: 778mg
- Calcium: 261mg
- 10 ounce bread flour (about 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons)
- 1 cup warm water (100° to 110°), divided
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 package dry yeast (about 2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons cornmeal
- 1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) shredded fontina cheese
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 cups packed baby arugula
- 4 lemon wedges
- 1. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups and spoons; level with a knife. Combine flour, 3/4 cup warm water, thyme, oregano, and garlic in the bowl of a stand mixer with dough hook attached; mix until combined. Cover and let stand for 20 minutes.
- 2. Dissolve yeast in the remaining 1/4 cup warm water in a small bowl; let stand 5 minutes or until bubbly. Add yeast mixture and salt to flour mixture; beat at low speed 5 minutes or until a soft dough forms. Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray; cover dough with plastic wrap coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate 24 hours.
- 3. Remove the dough from refrigerator. Let stand, covered, for 1 hour or until the dough comes to room temperature. Punch dough down. Divide dough into 4 equal portions. Press each portion into a 7-inch circle on a baking sheet sprinkled with cornmeal. Cover loosely with plastic wrap.
- 4. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 5. Place pizza dough rounds, cornmeal side up, on grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill for 3 minutes or until blistered. Turn dough over; grill for 3 minutes. Remove from grill.
- 6. Sprinkle about 5 tablespoons fontina over each pizza. Top evenly with prosciutto and pepper. Combine oil and lemon juice in a bowl; add arugula, and toss gently. Divide arugula mixture evenly among pizzas. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes