This has become a staple in our house last time I made it my husband declared it one of top 5 favorite things I make. I've done it in the oven as well as on the grill. I gave my co worker this recipe and she and her husband also rave about it. One of the best recipes I've found on this site.
Grilled Pizza with Prosciutto, Arugula, and Lemon
Photo: Anna Williams; Styling: Pam Morris
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour, 35 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 497
- Fat: 18.6g
- Saturated fat: 8.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Protein: 25.7g
- Carbohydrate: 56.3g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 58mg
- Iron: 4.4mg
- Sodium: 778mg
- Calcium: 261mg
- 10 ounce bread flour (about 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons)
- 1 cup warm water (100° to 110°), divided
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 package dry yeast (about 2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons cornmeal
- 1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) shredded fontina cheese
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 cups packed baby arugula
- 4 lemon wedges
- 1. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups and spoons; level with a knife. Combine flour, 3/4 cup warm water, thyme, oregano, and garlic in the bowl of a stand mixer with dough hook attached; mix until combined. Cover and let stand for 20 minutes.
- 2. Dissolve yeast in the remaining 1/4 cup warm water in a small bowl; let stand 5 minutes or until bubbly. Add yeast mixture and salt to flour mixture; beat at low speed 5 minutes or until a soft dough forms. Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray; cover dough with plastic wrap coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate 24 hours.
- 3. Remove the dough from refrigerator. Let stand, covered, for 1 hour or until the dough comes to room temperature. Punch dough down. Divide dough into 4 equal portions. Press each portion into a 7-inch circle on a baking sheet sprinkled with cornmeal. Cover loosely with plastic wrap.
- 4. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 5. Place pizza dough rounds, cornmeal side up, on grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill for 3 minutes or until blistered. Turn dough over; grill for 3 minutes. Remove from grill.
- 6. Sprinkle about 5 tablespoons fontina over each pizza. Top evenly with prosciutto and pepper. Combine oil and lemon juice in a bowl; add arugula, and toss gently. Divide arugula mixture evenly among pizzas. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This