Yummy! The Friday night pizza gang loved this.
Grilled Pizza with Asparagus and Caramelized Onion
For an out-of-the-ordinary first course, offer guests a wedge of this veggie-topped pizza with smoky flavor from the grill. Start with purchased fresh pizza dough; many supermarkets now offer fresh dough in their delis or bakeries.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 152
- Fat: 5.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 6.3g
- Carbohydrate: 19.4g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 12mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 314mg
- Calcium: 74mg
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cups thinly vertically sliced onion
- 2 cups (2-inch) slices asparagus (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced ready-to-use sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8-ounce) portion fresh pizza dough
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded fontina cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion to pan; sauté 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 5 minutes or until browned. Add asparagus to pan; cook 5 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Stir in tomatoes and salt.
- 3. Roll dough into a 12-inch circle on a lightly floured surface; brush each side of dough with 1/2 teaspoon remaining oil.
- 4. Place dough on a grill rack; grill 1 1/2 minutes or until crust bubbles and is well marked. Reduce grill heat to low; turn dough over. Arrange onion mixture over crust; sprinkle evenly with cheese. Cover and grill over low heat 3 1/2 minutes or until cheese melts; remove pizza from grill. Sprinkle with oregano and black pepper.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note