Grilled Pita Wedges with Caramelized Onions
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 162
- Fat: 4.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 6.6g
- Carbohydrate: 22.6g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 275mg
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Calcium: 132mg
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/3 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded Asiago cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- Dash of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (6-inch) pitas
- Cooking spray
- Prepare grill.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion, sugar, and salt; sauté 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium- low, and cook 20 minutes or until very golden brown, stirring frequently. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon thyme.
- Combine ricotta cheese, Asiago cheese, garlic, and pepper; stir well. Set aside.
- Coat pitas with cooking spray. Place on grill rack; cover and grill 2 minutes on each side or just until crisp. Remove pitas from grill. Spread cheese mixture evenly over warm pitas; top evenly with caramelized onion.
- Cover grill rack with foil, and place pitas on foil. Cover and grill 2 minutes or until pitas are thoroughly heated. Cut each pita into 4 wedges, and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers