Grilled Pineapple Skewers With Rum Sauce
- 12 (6-inch) wooden skewers
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup dark rum
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 fresh pineapples
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Soak skewers in water 30 minutes.
- Stir together brown sugar and next 4 ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until blended. Cook over low heat, without stirring, 10 minutes or until sauce begins to thicken. Remove from heat; keep warm.
- Cut pineapples lengthwise into fourths, leaving crown ends on. Remove hard core from each quarter; cut pineapple pulp away from shell in one wedge-shaped piece, keeping the crown and shell intact. Set pineapple shell aside. Cut pineapple wedge into 8 equal crosswise slices, and thread onto wooden skewers. Repeat procedure with remaining wedges.
- Spray food grate with cooking spray, and place on grill. Place pineapple on grate. Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 4 minutes on each side or until thoroughly heated.
- Arrange skewers in reserved pineapple shells, and drizzle with warm rum mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers